Friday, May 27, 2011

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning...

I was inspired the other day. I was hanging out at the new Bowie Bunker in MD when it happened. I ran into a young player that I hadn’t seen in a long time. This guy had been coming to the bunker (back when it was in Glen Burnie, MD) since he was in his teens. He and I got to talking and he was eager to show me this army that he started several years ago. As he began pulling it out, I was awed by the sheer number of models that he had. Not just that, but also that they were all fully painted and based (believe me, that’s rare these days). I was both proud and humbled by this kid (yes, I’m that old that I can call a person in his twenties a kid). When was the last time that I’d finished an army so completely, so diligently!? I mean, he had almost everything in the army list done. I congratulated him on a job well done and left with a big question mark in my mind. Why can’t I do that anymore!? Why can’t I finish an army to that level of completeness, without losing interest and jumping to something else? While driving home I made up my mind to do just that. What better place to start than with a new beginning! A genesis if you will...


3 comments: